Sunday, September 18, 2011

My "Teeth issue"

Let me give you the background story: I was between 5 or 8, my mother, my cousins, my aunt, & myself were out to eat at some restaurant after hitting the mall. Our waiter had as I yelled "rabbit teeth". I pointed dead in this man's face and screamed loud enough for everyone to hear "HE HAS RABBIT TEETH! LOOK MOM, RABBIT!". I don't remember when or what happened after that except I got a beating for doing that.

Ever since that day (I'm guessing), I had a issue with people and their teeth. I get highly disgusted when I see someone with a mouth full of NO. Especially a cute guy. All throughout school, I only liked guys with nice teeth. I think it was about Junior year in HS that I realized my issue with teeth. Now as an adult, a nice pair of chompers are #1 on my list of likes. My thing for teeth is so bad that one of my best friends wanted to set me up on a double date with her boyfriend's best friend that she damn near had to beg me to go out with the man because he had yuckmouth. I did go on the date because he was good company, but that was our first & last date. His teeth were just too much NO. And by NO I mean yellow, plaque crusted, stank breath, and jumbled. You can have a set of teeth that are mismatched, but at least make sure I can't see the cheese on them & you keep them white. I can appreciate that.

Anyway, after all these years of having this issue my mother apologized for helping me have this issue. She said that she should of explained to me why it was wrong instead of beating me. Then said, "Ebony, you can date anyone no matter how their teeth look." I was like you're crazy! I've been living with this for about 20yrs now and you're a little too late. I am glad that she actually realized she's the reason behind this issue though.

No comments:

Post a Comment