Thursday, June 16, 2011

Random Thoughts on Marriage Pt. 1

I'm not a very "traditional" girl, but I do have some beliefs that are straight from the "old school". I believe in marriage before children, I believe in marriage period.

Marriage is very sacred to me. As the vows state, "It should not be entered lightly", I believe that you should only be married once and to the person you love more than anything. Along with that marriage, there should be children or spawns of your love. I know a lot of people would say "you don't have to be married to have a kid", but for me, I have to be. I know any man (married, single, involved) can up and leave whenever they choose but if they are married, it's a little bit harder.

There's a certain security being married that most married couples know about. The fact that someone loves you that much to want to spend their life with you, want to have children with you, and given their vows to you with the promise of never leaving your side. I do see myself getting married and being the best wife and mother possible.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

2 comments:

  1. I totally agree about being married once, but now-a-days ppl seem to think that means nothing. They think that ol once I'm married I'll change. You prepare for marriage during course of life. Now as far as children I disagree with you. No one can predict when a woman becomes pregnant the thing is that hopefully the child is made out of love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you're married, you have to change in some ways. Like no more crazy hours with your unmarried friends, doing more married couple things. I hate when married women act like they aren't married. As so much with the children thing, I'm feel super strongly about no kids before marriage. I know things happen & you could have a slip up but I can't see myself as a "baby mama".

    ReplyDelete